Photobucket

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Food for thought.

I am flying to Australia this Thursday.

So very excited. Yes, I know I just come back from hong kong 5 weeks ago and I am flying again. Such a spoilt brat. LOL.

The first of many to come!

My first flight on SQ A380.
My first time visiting Sydney.
My first time taking a transit flight to Tasmania.
My first trip islandwide trip driving a car. Own time own target.

I am gg trekking half of the time in Tasmania. And I cannot wait alr!! Inherited papa eng’s $1k lens and I am v excited to play with my new toy!! HAHAH. Even though its really tmd de heavy due to good quality lens. I am actually very valuable carrying my new lens + almost-forgetten-21st birthday-present-dslr body + my fav Olympus camera. I shall convert jaw dropping nice sceneries into pictures.

Woohoo! Travelling is addictive.

2 days ago I was contemplating the idea of buying a Prada saffiano; to part with the 4 digit sum or to save the money and purchase a ticket to Europe instead.

The idea is just like how some men like cars and women like handbags/heels.

I am not trying to condemn anyone. I am just saying. Cause I am such a person too. To fell into the world of luxury goods. I was soooooooooo close to purchasing one, until I decided that since I just signed up for 2 IPL packages and I should really not waste any extra money.

And i was so pathetic. My mama donated her bag to me because I didnt have any decent bag for work. That's how serious and dire my situation is.

-Internal turmoil-

Its $2k. After a serious round of consideration if it is essential to own one, just to prevent any impulsive spending. After all, the value drops instantly after I buy it.

Sometimes I feel taking a knife and stab myself the vain side of me; To spend so much on just a bag. The money for the so-called investment just to satisfy human’s never ending needs. To chase for the brands.

Sometimes it doesn’t matter whether if it’s a $2k bag or a $20k bag to so called prove your financial status and power. The issue is, do we even need to buy a bag that is in terms ok $_k???? Its just comparing money against money. To some, maybe a $200 bag is a luxury. Or even, to those really poor, even $20 is sth far away to hold.

I used to think its ridiculous flaunting wealth is such ways of purchasing item that cant really benefit you. Is it really worth it? I questioned myself the usefulness of such bags. Seriously, its just a bag. And you go in debt for just a bag – just to show off. Okay! I got this bag! COOL. Charles and kieth bags cant settle you anymore. We are aiming for sth bigger.

T.T Not that I am not heavily in debt for my insurance plan, my yoga-fitness membership and ipl package. I am very much into debt with the instalment plans I have to pay every mth.

Veron ar veron. Do you really need that? To purchase a timeless bag that makes the price. To convince yourself, its real leather. It’s the quality. It’s the impeccable taste. Deep down, I feel ashamed for the vain side of me to buy a leather bag in such ostentatious way possible. LOL. Ya, quality comes with a price. And we pay 70% just for the brand and all so beautiful packaging.

Sometimes I am not too sure myself. I am doubtful of the reasons I tried to give myself trying to convince my brain, “yeah I should get one. Yes. Everyone should get one. I am working alr. I deserve one.”

I wonder if I will stab my heart if I convert the amt of money I spend on the luxury bag I buy for myself to satisfy the needs into the no. of milk powder I can buy for my future baby.

$2000 can buy 50 cans of milk powder. And honestly milk powder is not cheap.
$2000 can buy a lot of electrical appliances for my new home.
And the list will be never ending…………….

When one have got too much commitments, too many constraints, we will nv buy one. Simply because we are tied down. Which boils down to, do we really need one? We are still surviving well now right?

Call it the social media influence. Call it the growing up process. When one's grows up, we are exposed to the world's affluence. Humans tend to ask for things we never once thought possible. You nv thought of spending $500 on a phone. $500 used to be, beyond reach.

Maybe when I love myself too much one day, no convincing is required. Pamper myself is the key. I will just walk in, pay and come out with my pretty little baby Prada saffiano. I am not someone who likes to regret what I buy if I set my mind on it. If i buy it, its with my heart and soul.

If only I got too much money. HAHAHAHAHA.

Did i just tell myself, travelling is addictive?

I have this v strong desire and ambition to visit the world. After comparing priorities, I don’t think I will ever convince myself to spend $_k on a bag. LOL. I will convert the money into air ticket instead. LOL. Perhaps its just fate I got to settle with a cheap bag and still survive. Deep inhale in and out. I am still breathing with a normal bag.

I just need some v serious brain washing. Veronica eng, you just don have the means to purchase one cause you are too greedy. T.T

Too many places to travel to in my bucket list. Its really the priority list one’s prefer in life.
Too many wonders in the world I wanna see with my eyes. Too many things I wanna do.
Too many things to pay for. My housing loan freak me out.
Too little money in the bank.

Why am I so greedy. Le sigh.
LET ME WIN LOTTERY. Even though i dont buy. LOL. Lucky draw then pls?

3 comments:

Mich said...

i like this post! it's something that has been on my mind for quite a while. i've promised myself that i won't ever spend $_k on a bag because there's seriously no need to flaunt my wealth when so many bags are equally good and pretty and last long without a designer logo.

it's just my point of view but i feel like carrying a designer bag portrays a negative image that i care so much about labels and what people think of me.

i would rather save the money and get a nicer house to live in :D

Anonymous said...

Hi Veron! Been a silent reader but had to comment because I think I'm in the same situation as you! Been lusting for a Bal bag for a long time, and I keep trying to convince myself otherwise (money can be better spent eg towards a housing loan, I can't bring it to work anyway cos where I work we just put our bags on the floor etcetc). But for some reason I'm still on Reebonz mailing list and browse the bags from time to time. Maybe like you said, one day we'll just walk into the boutique and just buy it!

Unknown said...

mich - hello girl! i am so relieved someone out there share the same thinking as me. a 4 digit no is really alot for a bag. >.<

anonymous - i am not trying to condemn everyone. its just diff ppl have diff things to buy. at the end of the day, its what everyone think as "worthwhile" to buy. the idea is like eating hawker center VS restaurants. LOL. i secretly hope, one day i am not that impulsive to love myself too much to walk in the boutique and come out with my baby! HAHAHA/