Photobucket

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Starbucks in Hong Kong style

Here is an entry on Veron's cheat blog entry. But then again, this is supposedly to be an pic-try.
A photo-log sounds much easier to update this alr growing dust blog of mine. HAHAH.

For easy reference in future, Click on Hong Kong tab at the tags link at the left hand side.
i shall not paste previous blog spot links anymore!

What is it: Starbucks in Hong Kong style. Only found in Hong kong.

Address: Floor M2, Baskerville House, 13 Duddell St, Central, Hong Kong

I just found out there is another old Starbucks at Mongkok! You may want to visit this instead! (:
89-91 Sai Yee Street, 1F-2F Wai Kee House, Mong Kok, Hong Kong.

Cost: $6 dollars SGD for coffee. Btw, Starbucks has standard pricing around the world. HAHA.

Worth to go: Hmm, only if you have the time. Since i went hkg so many times, i am determined to see things i didnt see before. If you are in the vicinity, this Starbucks is worth your camera's memory card. Afterall. its just a place for coffee and tea. Starbucks menu is almost the same everywhere. Its v out of the way.

How to go: I have no idea. I have a GPS bf. Its not that far from the hotel i stay in though!

Went there after a short rest at the hotel. I know if i slp, I will waste the entire afternoon away. I am so shagged after my half marathon. HAHA. This trench coat is so pretty, but i am too short for it. For the price, I might as well sell it and get a cheaper one! HAHA.

I tell you, black coat really v ugly. So boring. LOL. I look at my Tasmania photos and sian cause its so black. LOL.
 photo P2247576_zps1a542741.jpg

Finally here!
 photo P2247580_zpscd1dca0f.jpg

 photo P2247581_zpsbe4789f9.jpg

 photo P2247582_zpsc0e0b722.jpg

East-meets-West modernization Starbucks. This starbucks is a replica of the 冰室 (”Bing Sutt”). A direct translation is called Ice Room. HAHA. Its the Hongkong coffeehouse back from 1950’s to 1970’s.Once you step in, you thought you travelled back in time.
 photo starbucks1_zpsc464793f.jpg

Every detail is meticulously attended to, ensure you are in a totally different environment. This is oldies theme. From antique-like fans to tables to chairs to walls to floor tiles to ceiling to old adaptors switches. You just stepped into a time machine and went back to mama's era.

 photo starbucks21_zpse29bc780.jpg

 photo P2247633_zps53f6da7e.jpg

 photo starbucks5_zps6475a40b.jpg

I cant say that its truly nostalgic walk down the memory lane for me. Because, i dont rmb seeing this when i was born. LOL. HAHAHA. If you are middle aged, its probably really a revisit to your old days.

 photo starbucks4_zpsba197ec4.jpg

A glimpse to the past and you soon realised. Technology travels at the speed of light. We no longer see them anymore. Those are past tense. Now its LCD 40" full HD flat television. HAHAHA.

 photo starbucks3_zpsa58582dd.jpg

They even "dirtied" the clock w stains. LOL. ROFL. Putting alot of effort for the details!
 photo starbuck2_zpse6c124d2.jpg

 Truth is, I have difficulty reading the menu in chinese. LOL.
 photo hkg15_zpsad1b3fa3.jpg


Which one do you like?
 photo starbucks8_zps687ae1de.jpg



I was so busy with my photo taking. I cant be bothered to go take a look on what they offered to eat. Right after a half marathon, i am famished. LOL.  The Coffee Cocktail Bun (Kai mei bau) as well as Butter Pineapple Bun and Coffee Tart are the exclusive treats sold at this outlet.
 photo starbucks11_zpsccbc76d6.jpg

 photo starbucks12_zpscddf70d6.jpg

All these toys are in museums alr. Archived and safe kept.
 photo starbucks6_zps1803446f.jpg
 photo starbucks13_zps7dccc064.jpg
 photo starbucks14_zps07f3a7f6.jpg

I play this before when i was young!
 photo starbucks20_zps825d00ef.jpg

Oh oh oh! Those white towels are still in use! LOL. Which means, that company is still surviving well. HAHA.
 photo starbucks15_zpsd85aa3a8.jpg

Look at those chinese labels! The chinese cooking wine is still in the market! HAHA.
 photo starbucks16_zps5b8472e3.jpg
 photo starbucks18_zpsa752f6fd.jpg

This must be Hong kong's popular shoe brand. LOL.  photo starbucks17_zps1caa1fb6.jpg

s16_zps5b8472e3.jpg" border="0" width="700"alt=" photo starbucks16_zps5b8472e3.jpg"/>
 photo starbucks19_zps3a8f2f51.jpg

Posters that depicts Chinese heritage.
In it says, All sorts of iced coffee.
 photo starbucks7_zps9106f7a6.jpg
Iced Coffee officially entered its peak era -Welcome to Starbucks!(:  photo starbucks10_zpsfd1afdba.jpg

 photo P2247631_zps671e3e6d.jpg

I went crazy taking photos here. Just like the others who are here just for "sight-seeing". ROFL.
 photo hkg12_zps04459755.jpg

2 comments:

pixiejoyy said...

OMG! Where is this Starbucks? I need to go there when I visit HK again someday!

Unknown said...

the address is in the entry!

Address: Floor M2, Baskerville House, 13 Duddell St, Central, Hong Kong