Photobucket

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Winda's wedding gift.

Hi, sharing on my blog one of my favourite layouts to date!
But, i am looking for ways to improve on the design! HAHA.

It used to be my mama’s favourite, until I made the Carousel. Will share the carousel the next time round!
I enjoy making alter projects a lot. Its more 3D. ROFL.

Scrapbooking tends to be a little “flat”, even though i know my style is nothing close to that.
I enjoy making my stuff pop out for the “wah” visual effect. In fact, it seems a little chim for me to make things flat. I am very comfortable with my current style and doesn’t fee like changing it.

I wanted to try to do Project Life, but the layout of everything-has-to-be-flat-else-cannot-put-inside-the-pockets kinds of turn me off. Besides, it will take a lot a lot of determination to perseverance to complete 52 weeks of #PL. Perhaps one day, when I have a baby, I will start on #PL so that I can document all the little things/grow ups and look back w a smile. But that’s many yrs ltr. HAHAHAHA. #worrylater

I love wedding theme projects because they serve as ideas for my future wedding! Since I did it, I will be able to recreate it fast or improve further on the layout/design in time to come. I can foresee myself being v busy with all the preparation and I don have I have the luxury to think of new scrapbooking ideas/layouts for my wedding. HAHAHAHAH.

#planahead

Front cover: Make a guess what the theme is. If you managed to guess it then I have succeeded. HAHA. Else, I will still continue to jiayou. ROFL.

#weddingscrapbook
 photo P1013343_zpsfc697cc0.jpg

The groom’s suit is a sticker from Taobao.
The wedding gown is made from my old lace top. I cut the bride's hanger silhouette using #cameosilhouette.
The felt “喜” is from a random shop in Beijing. HAHAHA.
 photo P1013342_zps0245c777.jpg

Its a challenge to able to make my projects flat. HAHA.
Anyway, use 2 pcs of A4 sized chipboard and tape them securely at the side to make it into a book.

I kept the box that was used to put my juicer and reuse it for my current project. HAHAHA. called that #recycle #practise3Rs

My mama has been really encouraging though. She will keep a lookout for boxes for me at the bin collection area so that i can have chipboard for my #alteredprojects HAHA.
 photo P1013357_zps9962fa38.jpg

TADAH!!!!
I was actually inspired a project i saw at PaperMarket. So i went home and work on the idea i have in my head. I have written their wedding vows down for memory sake.
#front

"Mr and Mrs" and the "Once in a life event" stamps are Kaisercraft; "He and She Wedding" clear stamp set. The set can be found here! 

The swirly script black words background is a clear stamp by Heidi Swapp, perfect for background work!

While its not v obvious here, but i used gesso over my stencil to create a more in depth look in the background. Not a pro with stencils yet,but i will work harder. HAHA. i think its pretty fun. You will need one day to dry your gesso though!

 photo P1013344_zps3b3c1106.jpg

#top
As usual, i cut "Our wedding 190714" using #cameosilhouette
The quote stamp is from Kaisercraft as well. Comes tgt in a set.
 photo P1013345_zpse8bcd4e1.jpg Use ribbons/pearls/punch cut outs and sew them tgt in a line to create a banner across!  photo P1013348_zps54e35609.jpg

And the secret to make it pop up? See the rectangle where i stick the "Once in a lifetime event" cut out?
Thats the secret to making it 3D.

Simple!
1. Take a pc of paper and cut 2 (1 inch thick, 25 cm long rectangle).
2. Use washi tape to cover the white paper.
3. Join the pcs of paper tgt to make it into a rectangle. Stick into the board.

TADAH.
 photo P1013359_zpsafc9a4cc.jpg

Btw, 190714 is my birthday. And since its Winda's wedding day as well, it must be a huat and auspicious day! HOORAY!

No comments: